Climate Change Videos
- The legendary broadcaster and naturalist Sir David Attenborough was long unsure about the causes of the observed climate warming. In his documentary, The Truth About Climate Change, he sheds doubt and explains what convinced him.Climate models based on purely natural processes such as solar activity and volcanic eruptions fail to explain the observed change in Earth’s climate in the latter part of the 20th century. Models factoring in the human impact, that is, the increase of carbon dioxide in the athmosphere, depict the transpired warming accurately, however.
- The crazy folks at Hope Mennonite Church (in Winnipeg Canada) believe God wants us all to take care of the earth. And they want to show you 350 Bible references to “prove” it! View all of the verses at: http://hopemennonitechurch.wordpress.com/
- The Canadian Tar Sands is the world’s largest, and dirtiest, energy project. Dirty oil sands crude generates as much as five times greenhouse gas as conventional oil. Yet, unless steps are taken by the U.S. and Canada, both countries will become irrevocably addicted to the dirtiest oil on earth.
- Story of Stuff, Full Version; How Things Work, About StuffFrom its extraction through sale, use and disposal, all the stuff in our lives affects communities at home and abroad, yet most of this is hidden from view. The Story of Stuff is a 20-minute, fast-paced, fact-filled look at the underside of our production and consumption patterns. The Story of Stuff exposes the connections between a huge number of environmental and social issues, and calls us together to create a more sustainable and just world. It’ll teach you something, it’ll make you laugh, and it just may change the way you look at all the stuff in your life forever.
- Peter Sinclair from Climate Crock.com puts out the best videos in response to those who would choose to ignore the scientific consensus and perilous outcome of unchecked climate change. In introducing this one, on Stephen Hawking and Carl Sagan on global warming, Sinclair says: A lot of people still believe global warming is something Al Gore cooked up in 2006 to promote his movie. The thousands of expert climate scientists whose work forms the consensus have no celebrity, no street cred with the average person. But for a lot of people, the archetypes of scientific expertise, are more popular media figures like Stephen Hawking and Carl Sagan. I offer this to, once again, make clear again how wide and deep the consensus on this issue is.
- Al Gore: 15 Ways to Avert a Climate Crisis
A video presentation to accompany the release of the Arctic Feedbacks: Global Implications report, by the WWF International Arctic Programme, on September 2, 2009. For more information about the report and to find a copy of it, please visit http://www.panda.org/arctic.
- Hinson Calabrese from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, phones the Prime Minister of Canada every day, and encourages you to do so as well: in Ottawa: (+1) (613) 992-4211 In Calgary: (+1) (403) 253-7990. In today’s call, he speaks to the PM’s office and then with excitement to the office of the Minister of the Environment.