Skip to content

Canada: Under Attack By Foreign Interests & Radicals

2012/01/20

Bless you, Rick Mercer, when the goings-on in Ottawa get completely intolerable, you give Canadians something to laugh at.  Here’s Rick’s response to the Canadian Natural Resources Minister Joe Oliver’s letter attacking environmentalists (read: anyone opposed to the Northern Gateway Pipeline and/or unrestricted development of the Alberta tar sands) as “radicals”.

9 Comments leave one →
  1. jay permalink
    2012/01/20 8:58 am

Brutal 😀

2. 2012/01/20 9:18 am

He’s so wonderful 🙂

3. Barry Beaupre permalink
    2012/01/20 10:40 am

what a creative force–right on!

4. 2012/01/20 10:57 am

Yep, he gives me hope that Canadians will survive Harper!

5. 2012/01/21 2:04 pm

Great stuff Christine! I love Rick Mercer’s video on Radical Groups. I showed it last night at the Association of Science and Reason’s “Skeptics in the Pub” night. Lots of laughter from the crowd, but it was also a perfect segue into my talk about being “Banned on the Hill” by the Harper Govt. There are two types of radicals hated by the Harperites — 1. climate scientists (and those who listen to them) 2. Anyone who disagrees with Harper.

6. 2012/01/21 2:25 pm

Thanks for sharing it with me, Franke – I should have given you credit! And what a perfect intro, as you say, to your talk. It sounds like a success.

7. 2012/10/04 12:25 am

Great looking blog, Christine!

I took a different tack, with an online survey on climate change and carbon pricing using an interactive word cloud, with input from Facebook, Twitter, and this website:

I also invite people to the survey and the website using a 7 foot colorful banner, which you can see on the Facebook page here:

I’m in Calgary, which is a pretty good place to be one twig among many which can turn the flood of our energy and climate disaster.

• 2012/10/04 2:48 am

Thanks for dropping by, Roger, and for your excellent work on getting Canadians (as opposed to our current federal government) to weigh in on the oh-so-important issue of pricing carbon. And I know there are lots of Calgarians out there who are concerned about this existential issue, although it might feel lonely sometimes (I find that to be true just about anywhere!).

Trackbacks

1. NORTHERN PIPELINE—DEMOCRACY—CLIMATE CHANGE—CITIZENS CLIMATE LOBBY—IRAN/SYRIA—-GOOD NEWS « Moose Call